Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Encounters With Celebrities

There was one time when I was walking down the street a few years ago in New York City as I was on my way to fashion school and I felt someone looking at me. I could just feel their eyes piercing through me and that compelled me to look back at them. What I saw was a woman who was a bit taller than me with huge brown eyes and a big smile. She had curly hair and was carrying a gigantic cup of Starbucks coffee..... but I did not recognize who she was immediately.

I thought that she could've been someone with whom I went to school so I asked her what her name was and she said 'Rosario'. That's when I realized that she was Rosario Dawson..... but I acted normally and kept a conversation with her for about fifteen minutes. We mostly talked about fashion and she was telling me about the fashion shows in Paris. At the time when I met her was when I went to fashion school for..... just.... two weeks. I wanted to become a fashion designer but decided against it.

I think about that encounter now and think about how natural the conversation was.... but what was funny about meeting her was that I didn't recognize her at first and then acted subtly when I did. It's interesting when a person can feel another person who is watching them. What's that about? 

No comments: