Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Encounters With Celebrities/Eli Davidson

Eli Davidson is a blogger for the Huffington Post as well as a motivational speaker. I met her yesterday while walking in the Grove mall and while she was looking for a Michael Kors store. I thought that I would be helpful so I directed her towards the store while discovering who she was for I failed to recognize her. It was one of those moments when you are caught with your pants down..... so to speak.

She has a book out called Funky To Fabulous that has won numerous awards and has sold quite a few copies. It's a book about helping yourself in times when everything has come to pass and the challenges seem evident. That's the kind of thinking that I encompass. I'll take on a challenge at any time and I'm the type of person who turns a bad situation into a good one....if you know what I mean....but with perspective as well as a good perception of what is going on around me.

Part of success is being prepared with the tools as well as the information that a person might need while taking on the task at hand. I've always like to be organized so that when things are flipped around then I can stand up to the challenge...but sometimes it's good to just become neutral....sort of like being in a meditative state.....as things just might be a bit out your control....and then a storm of ideas or whatever it is that the person is waiting for....comes through. I guess it's like quieting your mind.

Her blog features helpful tips for women and is fun to read. It can be a ruthless world out there if you're not prepared and people most certainly have to take the bull by the horns only to swing it around a few times so that it becomes dizzy. I absolutely love it when people take charge but loathe when people use that ability to make other people's lives nearly impossible to live.....but that's part of the process of evolution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eli-davidson/why-women-dont-get-what-t_b_847656.html

No comments: