Total Pageviews

Monday, March 27, 2006

Today is the first day on this website. I am thoroughly excited. I am doing this as a project, to share my daily experiences with the public. Hopefully, it will be an enriching experience. Everything I write will be a truthful depiction of my daily activities in Los Angeles. I am currently going through the tremendous task of finding affordable housing in the city of Los Angeles which is part of a self-assessment. I am 29 years old and have been here in L.A. for a year. I was born and raised in New York City during the seventies. My father left the family early in my life, so my mother raised me and my sister by herself. I didn't have much of an idea of what career to pursue until recently. Early in my life growing up as a child, I was taunted in school and at home. It lead me on a path usually followed by other young males or females lead astray. On the streets, trying to survive, looking for love, answers and absorbing everything while learning with astonishment. For ten years ( I am now 29), I have been lost in a sea of people with one thing in mind. ' What to do with myself?' issues came up: housing, friends, love, money, etc. Leaving New York at the age of 18, I came to L.A. without a clue what to do. I did not know the problems I was about to face but knew they were a result of a poor upbringing. I struggled for a few years, finally giving in and returning to New York . After a few years there, I was a little more experienced and knew more about myself but was not ready. There was no direction or determination, I was not in the right mindset. I went back to L.A. last year and revelation occurred through people I met. Still finding myself lost, I began to look for reasons which forced me to look at the social dynamic. When pursuing housing as an unprivileged person of society, there is little power to wield. I do have to go and will publish this today. I will be writing entries everyday.

No comments: